If you don’t have your own copy of the play, or are struggling to find key quotes online, the document below should have plenty of key quotes to get you started:
You could use this document in lots of ways. Here are some suggestions:
- Pick a character or theme. Make a list of 5-6 important quotes for that character or theme. Explain why they are important and analyse the language choices made by the writer.
- Take a past paper essay question (from here) and use the key quotes sheet to make an essay plan.
- Pick a key character and make a revision mind map using the key quotes provided.
- Create flash cards to help you learn key quotes. You should consider what the quotes mean, what language choices are present and how each quote links to wider themes of the novel.
- Practice writing full essays or paragraphs using these quotes as a starting point.