Blood Brothers is part of your English Literature Paper 2 exam, alongside your study of poetry. For the Blood Brothers section of the exam, you will not be given an extract from the play to start from. instead, you will be given a choice of two essay questions. You will need to choose the essay question you feel most confident about writing a good answer for.
The questions can be about a specific character, a specific theme, or link together a mixture of characters and themes. For more information on how to revise please click on this link:
Here are 10 different essay questions you could revise for and practice:
10 essays I could revise / plan / attempt:
- How does Russell use Edward and Mickey to present ideas about social class?
- How does Russell use the Narrator and other characters to explore ideas about fate and superstition?
- How does Russell use different characters to explore ideas about gender?
- How does Russell use the characters of Mr and Mrs Lyons to present ideas about social class?
- How does Russell use Mickey and Edward to explore ideas about identity?
- How does Russell present ideas about childhood and growing up in Blood Brothers?
- How does Russell present the importance of power and money in Blood Brothers?
- How does Russell use the characters of Mickey and Sammy to present ideas about crime?
- How does Russell use the characters of Linda and Mrs Johnstone to present ideas about gender?
- How does Russell use the characters of Mrs Johnstone and Mrs Lyons to explore ideas about family?